[libvirt-users] Obtaining the PID of a domain's QEMU process from C

Peter Crowther peter.crowther at melandra.com
Sat Mar 9 19:14:39 UTC 2019

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 17:27, Shawn Anastasio <shawn at anastas.io> wrote:

> Thanks for the response. /var/run/libvirt/qemu/ seems to be exactly what
> I'm looking for. It would, however, be nice to be able to access this
> file without root privileges.

Use a tiny setuid C program that reads the relevant file and writes it to a
known UNIX-domain socket that has more liberal permissions?  On past
experience, I wouldn't expect this to end up being supported in libvirt,
though there's nothing to stop you creating your own patched version.

Cheers,

- Peter