[libvirt-users] disable libvirt-nwfilter

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon May 6 14:26:23 UTC 2019

On 5/6/19 3:44 PM, nakata at geekpit.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i want to disable the nwfilter functionality of libvirt.
> It's surely nice for some people, nevertheless i don't want libvirt to
> alter any netfilter rules, neither i want the according functionality
> even available.

It's not only NWFilter that will inject firewall rules. Depending on
configuration it might also be the default network.

> I know about nwfilter-undefine, but what i'm looking for is an option to
> globally disable this functionality at all. Some config flag or similar.
> How can i achieve that?

Unless you have a domain <interface/> defined so that it uses a nwfilter
then no firwall rules are added by nwfilter code.

If you still want to remove nwfilter module then just uninstall it, e.g.
via:

dnf remove libvirt-daemon-driver-nwfilter libvirt-daemon-config-nwfilter

Michal