[libvirt-users] logging of domains

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed May 29 14:59:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

recently i had some domains stopped without any obvious reason for me. Unfortunately i didn't find the cause.
I'd like to log information about the domains that i have more information the next time this will happen.
In /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf i have:
log_level = 3
log_outputs="3:file:/var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log"
which creates enormous log files, but with logrotate and xz i can manage that. But i think this is just
related to libvirtd.
The logs for the domains under /var/log/libvirt/qemu are poor and very small, nearly no information.
Is there a way to be more verbose with the domains so that i may find helpful information in these logs when the domains stop for the next time ?

Thanks.

Bernd
--

Bernd Lentes
Systemadministration
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 89 3187 1241
phone: +49 89 3187 3827
fax: +49 89 3187 2294
http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/idg

wer Fehler macht kann etwas lernen
wer nichts macht kann auch nichts lernen

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Stellv. Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: MinDirig. Dr. Manfred Wolter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Matthias Tschoep, Heinrich Bassler, Kerstin Guenther
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671