[libvirt-users] Using qemu active blockcommit results in 'Permission denied' error

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Fri May 31 07:57:10 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 22:12:14 +0200, Marcus Hoffmann wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi,

> I tried following this guide:
> https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-disk-backup-with-active-blockcommit
>
> Unfortunately when I try to do the final virsh blockcommit step I always
> get the following error:
>
> error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'block-commit':
> Could not reopen file: Permission denied
>
> I checked directory und image file permissions, app-armor profiles (set
> to complain mode for now.) and libvirt logs but nothing there gives me
> any hints what might be going wrong.
>
> This is on a debian buster system, using

I was doing some changes in the blockcommit code recently so I might
have messed something up. Could you please collect debug logs:

https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/DebugLogs

when the problem reproduces and also a directory listing of the path
where the image is stored so I can check if the permission code is
working properly.