[libvirt-users] Running all my virtual machines with a low priority

R. Diez rdiezmail-temp2 at yahoo.de
Wed May 1 09:41:17 UTC 2019

>> I have an Ubuntu 18.04 system. What is the easiest way to run all of my virtual machines with a low priority? Say a "nice" level of 15.
>
> You can use the  <vcpusched>  (and related elements) to control
> the schedular nice level up or down
>
>    https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsCPUTuning

Thanks for your quick answer.

I took at look at that documentation, but I did not quite understand it. It talks about vCPUs and how they are scheduled. My guess is that it is all
about how those virtual CPUs are scheduled against each other.

However, I wanted to lower the priority of all virtual machines against other processes on the host system.

Regards,
   rdiez