[libvirt-users] [Libvirt failed to claim Virtual Functions on hostdev network after VM reboot]

Yalan Zhang yalzhang at redhat.com
Wed May 29 05:33:52 UTC 2019

Hi Fuzail,

Even there are  8 VFs in total, you only specified 2 in the hostnet
network.
And connections='2' means the hostnet networks is connected 2 times, so
both of the 2 VFs in hostnet are occupied.
Please try to define network like this:
<network>
  <name>hostnet</name>
  <forward mode='passthrough'  managed='yes'>
<pf dev='ens2'/>
</forward>
</network>
It will include all the 8 VFs from PF ens2.

-------
Best Regards,
Yalan Zhang
IRC: yalzhang