[libvirt-users] Internal error reported by libvirt while creating a VM

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 08:23:59 UTC 2019

Re-added the list. Please *do not* drop the libvirt-users mailing
list from the recipients again!

On Thu, 2019-10-03 at 16:42 -0400, Ajay Kumar wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> The above issues are addressed while reinstalling libvirt 4.0.0. Currently, I could create a VMs on libvirt.
>
> I have another issue while configuring/editing win10.xml file.
> After edit or insert of few lines in win10.XML file using virsh i.e at      /etc/libvirt/qem$ virsh edit win10

Saying that you changed "few lines" is not at all useful: if you
hope to get any help from the list, you'll have to share the *exact*
changes you made each time and the full XML configuration that
resulted from them.

> I am getting a below error.
> @ubuntu-kvm3:/etc/libvirt/qemu$ virsh edit win10
> error: internal error: Child process (LC_ALL=C PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin /usr/local/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -help) unexpected exit status 126: libvirt:  error : cannot execute binary /usr/local/bin/qemu-system-x86_64: Permission denied
>
> I understand that this could be the problem of AppArmor security feature it doesn't allow new binary such as (qemu-system-x86_64) to execute
>
> Later I have followed the below link to address
> [  https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/9pi2cd/how_to_set_up_qemu_30_on_ubuntu_1804/
> 6. Create AppArmor rules so libvirt can use the binary  ]
>
> here i have added few lines in 2 files as per the procedure. later when i restart apparmor I got the below error

Again, saying that you added "few lines" is not helpful because we
have no idea what those lines look like, so it's simply impossible
for anyone to figure out the root cause of the error message you're
seeing. Please share the *exact* changes you made.