[libvirt-users] Error validating install location: Distro 'rhel8' does not exist in our dictionary

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 08:15:59 UTC 2019

On Sun, Oct 06, 2019 at 10:54:33AM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 7:27 PM Oliver Dzombic <info at layer7.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> if you run on a shell the command:
>>
>> osinfo-query os
>>
>> you will see that its:
>>
>> rhl8.0               | Red Hat Linux 8.0
>>   | 8.0      | http://redhat.com/rhl/8.0

This is Red Hat Linux 8 with a release date of 30 September 2002 [1] and not Red
Hat Enterprise Linux.  You are not using any new devices/settings.

Instead you should probably use rhel8.0 or, even better, since you are using
centos, the centos release.  However that one does not exist in the osinfo db
yet due to the new style of releases that happened there and we need to figure
out how to properly represent it in the osinfo data.

If ou re not seeing rhel8-unknown or rhel8.0 you should update your osinfo
database.  Either update you package or you can also use `osinfo-db-import
--latest` to update it locally for your user.

Hope that helps,
Martin

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Linux