[libvirt-users] Reg: Adding "edu" device using XML file

bharath paulraj bharathpaul at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 08:26:57 UTC 2019

Hello Han,

Thanks for the response. The XML option with qemu:commandline works if the
device is added during the VM creation. But I would like to hot-plug the
device to the running VM. I can add the device using the command line
<virsh qemu-monitor-command --hmp VM-Name  device_add edu,id=edu0>

But I would like to add the device using the XML file, like <virsh
attach-device VM-Name xmlfile.xml>. If the XML support is not provided in
libvirt, Is there a document or pointers available to show how to add new
device in libvirt xml code?

Thanks,
Bharath

--