Re: [libvirt-users] Reg: Adding "edu" device using XML file

Hello Han,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will check it out.

Regards,
Bharath

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 6:17 AM Han Han <hhan redhat com> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 4:27 PM bharath paulraj <bharathpaul gmail com> wrote:
Hello Han,

Thanks for the response. The XML option with qemu:commandline works if the device is added during the VM creation. But I would like to hot-plug the device to the running VM. I can add the device using the command line
<virsh qemu-monitor-command --hmp VM-Name  device_add edu,id=edu0>

But I would like to add the device using the XML file, like <virsh attach-device VM-Name xmlfile.xml>. If the XML support is not provided in libvirt, Is there a document or pointers available to show how to add new device in libvirt xml code?

ASAIK there is no development guide for adding new device in libvirt xml code.
Maybe you can refer to former watchdog device patch series:
Thanks,
Bharath