[libvirt-users] Reg: <operation not permitted><netlink socket><Qemu device>

bharath paulraj bharathpaul at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 07:41:12 UTC 2019

Hi Team,

I am writing a new device in QEMU, which opens and reads from Netlink
socket from the hypervisor. I need this Netlink socket to support migration
of connection tracking entries during VM Live migration.

If I am using QEMU command directly to launch the VM, then any operation on
Netlink socket works fine. But, If I am using libvirt to create the VM and
attaching the device, then I am getting permission denied error. As I found
out that this is related to SElinux, I added the svirt_t context as
permissive *"semanage permissive  -a svirt_t". *With this, I am not
receiving permission denied error, instead i am receiving "operation not
permitted" error.
I changed the user and group field in libvirtd/qemu.conf to root/root. But
still, I am facing the same problem.

Any suggestions to overcome this?

--
Regards,