[libvirt-users] Disk backup for live and offline domains

Daniel Romero romero.cl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 20:49:12 UTC 2019

have you tried to use direct access to block devices using lvm in your vm's
and then do backups with lvm snapshots?

I'm currently migrating all my "images" vm's to "lvm" vm's because taking
live snapshots is very easy this way. In your case live and offline
snapshot script should be the same.

Regards.
Daniel Romero P.