[Query] Facing issue in build libvirt6.0 on ubuntu 1804

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 10:17:09 UTC 2020

[Please keep the list CCed]

On 4/30/20 12:02 PM, Ramesh B wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> Thanks for quick response.
>
> Ubuntu: 18.04.3 LTS
> QEMU emulator version 4.2.0
> libvirtd (libvirt) 4.0.0
>
> I have lunched the guest os using QEMU.
> I would like to use the virsh commands to get the status / control of
> guest OS.
> when i run any virsh commands not getting any response from QEMU.
> When i tried to explore, found the solution saying use of QEMU monitor
> will help.
> added the below command while lunch,
> -chardev
> socket,id=charmonitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-freebsd11.0/monitor.sock,server,nowait
> -mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control
>
> but result in below mentioed error:
> Failed to bind socket to
> /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/domain-freebsd11.0/monitor.sock
>
> Then thought of building libvirt 6.0 version, will help to solve the
> problem.

Ah, so you wanted to use 'virsh qemu-attach' to attach libvirt to a
running qemu. Yeah, it needs a monitor. However, the functionality was
not maintained and probably not functional anyway so we've removed in
the 5.5.0 release.

> Please guide me to solve this problem.
>
> Regards,
> Babu B

But what's interesting is that you are unable to build. Which package is
providing the rst2* binaries? Are their up to date?

Michal