[Query] Facing issue in build libvirt6.0 on ubuntu 1804

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 12:32:26 UTC 2020

On 4/30/20 2:26 PM, Ramesh B wrote:
> Hi Michel,
>
> Thanks for quick update.
>
>    Weird. I have slightly older version and it works for me. Maybe
> configure is picking something else, some weird binary/python script?
>
> *=>* I have python 3.6 version, is it required latest version e.g Python
> 3.8 ?

No. I meant that perhaps configure was picking the script from say
/usr/local/bin, e.g. some local, self installed version which is broken.

>   Ideally, you would construct the domain XML to match the command line
> and then use 'virsh define' to store the XML in libvirt. From that point
> on, libvirt will know about the domain and you can use all libvirt APIs
> to control it.
>
> *=>*   could you please share sample xml & commands for reference to try
> above procedure.
>             Few Qemu parameters are as follows,
>            -m 2048 -smp 2 -M q35
>            -enable-kvm
>            --cpu host

<domain type='kvm>
   <name>fedora</name>
   <memory unit='GiB'>2</memory>
   <vcpu>2</vcpu>
   <os>
     <type arch='x86_64' machine='q35'>hvm</type>
   </os>
   <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
     <topology sockets='1' dies='1' cores='2' threads='2'/>
   </cpu>
   <devices>
     <emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64</emulator>
   </devices>
</domain>

Michal