Ovs error when starting vm: ovs-vsctl: 'del-port' command requires at least 1 arguments

Thomas Pircher thp+libvirt at p5r.uk
Thu Apr 16 16:00:10 UTC 2020

Thomas Pircher wrote:
> Thanks for replying, I have downgraded libvirt back to version 5.6.0
> (and VMs were again able to start), but I will try to reproduce the
> problem on another machine in the next few days and post the logs here.

It turned out the ovs error message was a red herring. I have undefined
and redefined the networks and now I don't see the error message any
more, but that didn't solve my problem.

It turned out that the problem that prevented the VM form starting was
that I was using <backingStore> tags for disk volumes... This is onlu
supported in v6.1.0, while I was using v6.0.0.

Thanks,
Thomas