domain: how long is new xml in saved file

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 12:33:13 UTC 2020

On 4/24/20 6:38 AM, Vincent Wu wrote:

The save format is fragile. At the beginning there is a header which
describes the file, then there is libvirt section (which contains the
domain XML and a cookie) and then there is QEMU section (where QEMU
saved the guest memory). Because of this, we have to have the check you
are hitting in place so that we don't accidentally overwrite the QEMU
section.

But, what you can do is provide the changed XML not in
virDomainSaveImageDefineXML() but provide it to virDomainRestoreFlags()
which doesn't check for XML length.

Michal