multiple vms with same PCI passthrough

Laine Stump laine at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 19:09:49 UTC 2020

On 8/17/20 8:40 PM, Daniel Black wrote:

> This, for 4 pci devices, confused libvrtd in the meantime however it was
> still functional.
>
> Aug 18 10:31:27 grit libvirtd[106082]: internal error: failed to get
> number of host interfaces: unspecified error - errors in loading some
> config files
> Aug 18 10:31:55 grit libvirtd[106082]: internal error: failed to get
> number of host interfaces: unspecified error - errors in loading some
> config files
> Aug 18 10:32:17 grit libvirtd[106082]: internal error: failed to get
> number of host interfaces: unspecified error - errors in loading some
> config files
> Aug 18 10:32:32 grit libvirtd[106082]: internal error: failed to get
> number of host interfaces: unspecified error - errors in loading some
> config files

Unless you are assigning network devices, those errors are unrelated
(and even then I'm not sure how they would be related). Those errors are
saying that the very old and mysterious augeas + xslt parser of ifcfg
files in the netcf package encountered an error while parsing said
files. You *might* be able to get a better idea of the source of the
problem by running "NETCF_DEBUG=1 ncftool list --all", but in the end
it's not going to affect assignment of devices to guests using <hostdev>