python-libvirt domain.destroy() doesn't appear to be working for me

Jeremy Markle jeremy.markle at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 14:32:09 UTC 2020

I'm using the python-libvirt library and finding that I cannot get
.destroy() or .shutdown() to work.

https://github.com/simora/docker-libvirt-flask/blob/cba6041b47bdf4ccb3b9506a0379cf8c788a9a57/root/app/mqtt.py#L96

That is the line in my code. .create() works fine and using virsh in the
docker container works fine to destroy the domain as well.

This is based on ubuntu bionic in a docker container with the libvirt
socket and such made available. .create() works, listing works and virsh
works so permissions are not the issue. I'm confident I have failed to
properly use the function or am missing the appropriate logging.