virsh attach-interface auto up

brent s. bts at square-r00t.net
Sun Aug 9 03:26:35 UTC 2020

On 8/8/20 9:42 AM, Marc Roos wrote:

> I am doing a virsh detach-interface and an attach-interface. Is it
> possible to automatically bring the interface up after attaching it?

By coincidence, I was just playing with this with the python API.

The interface being brought up automatically, if I understand your
question correctly, depends on the OS of the guest having hotplug
support for the NIC you have selected for it.

It takes a couple seconds, but I can generally detach and re-attach an
interface in CentOS Linux, for instance, with only about a 2-5 second
hiccup in network traffic.

--
brent saner
https://square-r00t.net/