Problem with xen config

Laine Stump laine at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 16:55:20 UTC 2020

On 8/10/20 4:38 AM, Christoph wrote:

>>> xen_platform_pci=1
>>
>> This setting is not supported in the libvirt libxl driver, but AFAICT
>> libxl sets the default to 'true' for HVM guests.
>>
>>> pci_msitranslate=1
>>
>> This is also not supported in libvirt and unfortunately defaults to
>> 'false'.
>>
>>> pci_permissive = 1
>>
>> Patches have been submitted for this setting but so far there has not
>> been agreement on the schema change
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2020-April/msg01230.html

Hmm, so I see that discussion stalled after I asked a few questions, and
then you (Jim) made a few suggestions about where the attribute should
go and what it should be named. (note for newcomers - the original patch
messages linked above were at the end of April, but the replies
discussing them were in May, so they don't show up directly in the
primitive mailman archive page for the original messages; to see them
you need to go here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2020-May/thread.html

then search for "permissive" in the page - this will show you followups
to all the original patch mails.

I'm not sure who should be pushing the discussion/decision - I've
already said my piece, and would be just as happy with anything as long
as it doesn't interfere with usage for qemu. Maybe someone else has a
stronger opinion.