Open Source Hackathon Mentorship Invitation

Misha Patel misha.patel at hackillinois.org
Tue Feb 18 18:42:29 UTC 2020

Hello,

My name is Misha Patel and I’m reaching out on behalf of the HackIllinois
Outreach team. HackIllinois is a 36-hour collegiate Open Source hackathon
that takes place annually at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
This year, it will be from February 28th-March 1st, 2020. Our mission is to
introduce college students to Open Source, while giving back to the
community. We strive to create a collaborative environment in which our
attendees can learn from and work with developers to make their own
contributions. In past years, we’ve had developers from prominent projects
such as npm, Rust, and Apache come to mentor students from our pool of 900+
attendees.

We’d love it if you could pass along this message to the Libvirt community
or any individuals you believe would be interested. We will provide meals
throughout the event and can reimburse for travel and lodging up to a
certain amount depending on where in the US people are coming from. More
information on mentorship can be found at hackillinois.org/mentor. You can
also visit opensource.hackillinois.org to see what kinds of projects were
represented at our event last year.

We'd be more than happy to discuss this further. Please have any interested
individuals contact us at opensource at hackillinois.org. Looking forward to
hearing back!

Best,
Misha Patel