virsh vol-download uses a lot of memory

R. Diez rdiezmail-temp2 at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 22 12:55:11 UTC 2020

> I'm sorry, I don't have Ubuntu installed anywhere to look the version up. Can you run 'virsh version' to find it out for me please?

$ virsh version
Compiled against library: libvirt 4.0.0
Using library: libvirt 4.0.0
Using API: QEMU 4.0.0
Running hypervisor: QEMU 2.11.1

> This is very likely a memory leak somewhere. Can you try to run virsh under valgrind and download a small disk? valgrind could help us
> identify the leak. For instance:
>
> valgrind --leak-check=full virsh vol-download /path/to/small/volume /tmp/blah; rm /tmp/blah
>
> However, I am unable to reproduce with the current git master so looks like the leak was fixed - question is, which commit fixed it so that
> your distro maintainers can backport it.

I have not got the time at the moment, but maybe later.

What would you need to get good info from valgrind? For example, are debug symbols included in the binaries?

Best regards,
   rdiez