Re: [libvirt-users] Locking without virtlockd (nor sanlo ck)?

Il 06-01-2020 10:06 Peter Krempa ha scritto:
On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 14:08:03 +0000, Daniel Berrange wrote:
As above, QEMU's locking is good enough to rely on for file based
images.

Hi Daniel, thank you for the direct confirmation.

The flaws I mention with libvirt might actually finally be something we have fixed in 5.10.0 with QEMU 4.2.0, since we can finally use "blockdev"
syntax for configuring disks.  Copying Peter to confirm/deny this...

The main issue was that we were leaking locks on the backing chain. This
should be now fixed with -blockdev as we call the appropriate apis to
lock/unlock the images but I didn't try it with virtlockd.

Certainly if there's still a problem now we have well defined places
where we know what's happening to images so it should be easy to fix
them.

Hi Peter, can I ask what do you mean with "fixed with -blockdev"?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico