libvirt-python: issue on fedora

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Thu Jan 16 13:47:27 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 02:34:21PM +0100, Matthias Tafelmeier wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>

> >> ran into oddish glitch on fedora 30 cloud image with tooling based on
> >> libvirt-python onpython3.7. *qemu-img *is installed though. Could anyone
> >> have a look.
> > I don't see qemu-img installed there. You've requested 'qemu-kvm' and
> > 'qemu-system-x86' which provide the system emulator. qemu-img is part
> > of the 'qemu-utils' package, which is a Recommended dependancy of
> > qemu-system-x86, but you've not told apt to install recommendations
> > AFAICT from that log
> >

> Thanks for coming back. With greatest respect, I can see it clearly
> installed here:
>
> https://travis-ci.com/cherusk/godon/builds/144068483#L432
>
> Probably you're right, but find the separately packaged *qemu-img
> *non-intiutitive or confusing then.
> **

Oh you have two installs of libvirt here. One in the Ubuntu image
that's running the job. This one lacks qemu-img. The second install
is the Docker container you've built which contains Fedora and has
qemu-img.

I can't tell which libvirt install your error is coming from, but
I'd guess the "host" Ubuntu one which lacks qemu-img

Regards,
Daniel