How to detect completion of a paused VM migration on the destination?

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 14:28:50 UTC 2020

Hi,

when a normally running VM is migrated, libvirt sends
VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_RESUMED_MIGRATED event on the destination once the
migration completes.  I can see that when a paused VM is migrated,
libvirt sends VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_SUSPENDED_PAUSED instead.

Since there seems to be nothing migration specific about
VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_SUSPENDED_PAUSED event, my question is: Is it safe to
assume on the destination that this event signals completion of the
incoming migration (unless VIR_DOMAIN_EVENT_RESUMED_MIGRATED is received
before)?

Thanks,
Milan