Why wireless interface cannot be attached to a Linux host bridge?

Francesc Guasch frankie at telecos.upc.edu
Wed Jul 8 07:05:24 UTC 2020

On 07/07/2020 17:26, ryotaro kobayashi wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> I'm from japan and using machine translation, so I apologize if it's
> hard to read.
>
> I am currently trying to build a virtual environment using Ubuntu and kvm.
>
> However, I found out from the following page that the virtual machine
> cannot use the bridge network because I am using a wireless network.

Dear ryotaro kobayashi. I had a similar problem long time ago.

I fixed it creating a masquerade postrouting with an spare
ethernet interface. This is my own answer to this from stackexchange:

https://superuser.com/questions/597834/bridging-wifi-to-ethernet-on-ubuntu-not-working/842166#842166

It is way outdated, but you may contact me directly if you want.
I guess this may be off topic.

--
Francesc Guasch