upgrading from fedora29 to fedora 31

Thierry Parmentelat thierry.parmentelat at inria.fr
Thu Mar 5 14:46:37 UTC 2020

Hi there

I am using libvirt+lxc on fedora

I just upgraded a couple boxes from f29 to f31

i am running into rather puzzling glitches on one of the boxes, and am having a hard time trying to figure what exactly is going wrong

symptom being that on the faulty box, my 3 containers startup correctly, but all of them stop after some random time shortly after (approx. in the 5-10 minutes)

in some cases I even lose one of the containers (its name no longer shows up in `virsh list —all` and I need to reboot the box to reinstate it

is there any known issue with libvirt/lxc on fedora 31 ?

*****
here’s the little that I’ve been able to figure out so far by myself

* I have turned on debugging of libvirtd as per the docs

log_filters="3:remote 4:event 3:util.json 3:rpc 1:*"
log_outputs="1:file:/var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log”

and am digging in that log file, as well as the system journal, and the containers journals, to try and find some correlation;

* I have seen an error message saying this

> virNetSocketReadWire:1850 : End of file while reading data: Input/output error

and that could be related to the problem;

*****
this is really annoying and any hint would be hugely appreciated — thanks in advance