Google Summer of Code - Redfish API implementation

GUOQING LI snailseason2014 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:08:01 UTC 2020

Hi libvirt crews

I am a 4th year Software Engineering student from ChiangMai University,
Thailand. Currently, I am doing a research internship at nara institute of
science and technology, Japan.

I have been working on a research that is related to the performance and
security characteristics of various container technologies like Linux
containers, gVisor , firecracker, kanta etc. It is supposed to be finished
by the middle of next April. I am hoping to get involved with libvirt
opensource project before I start my master program in October.

I am interested in the Redfish API implementation project suggested by Cédric
Bosdonnat.  It's a nice modern RESTFUL JSON API which should not be very
challenging to work with Python. It seems like There is already a Redfish API
client <https://pythonhosted.org/python-redfish/readme.html> written in
Python, Do you think it would be a good idea to use it to test the API on
server side as i implemented through it ?

It would be great If I can get in touch with Cédric Bosdonnat and have
further discussion. Any suggestions about the project proposal would be
much appreciated.

Best regards,🙂
Lee
<https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0266_1.9.0.pdf>