libvirt dynamic file ownership

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 15:21:43 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 10:03:13AM -0500, Joe Muro wrote:

>Hi Martin, thanks for the explanation. Now I understand why libvirt doesn't
>revert the file permissions back to the original. I am running these VMs on
>an isolated test machine, so I'll disable dynamic file ownership and make
>sure libvirt has access to image files.

Or access the disks only using libvirt and friends ;)

Also, is there no upgrade for the libvirt package?  Maybe I don't exactly
remember if anything else is needed.  Adding Michal to Cc since he'll know more.

>Sorry about the message formatting. I modified settings on my client,
>hopefully it sends plaintext now. (I'll switch to personal email going
>forward, as the choice of email clients at work is limited.)

No problem, you couldn't know unless you specifically looked for it, don't worry
about it ;)