Set hostname of guest during installation time

john doe johndoe65534 at mail.com
Wed May 6 06:15:31 UTC 2020

On 5/5/2020 11:37 AM, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> On 5/5/20 11:25 AM, john doe wrote:

>>> I'm not quite sure how to achieve NAT then - do you insert the NAT rules
>>> yourself?
>>
>> Yes, my frontent to iptables will do that.
>>

>>> If it is so, then what you may do is to change the type of the
>>> default network to 'open' and then use interface type='network' from the
>>> domain.

In my case, I changed  the below mode from 'nat' to 'open'.

$ virsh net-edit default

   <forward mode='open'/>

>> Thank you, I'll need to look into that.
>>
>> Is there a way to do that with virt-install?
>
> Let me check the man page for you.
>
> --network network=my_libvirt_virtual_net

I missunderstood in which file I had to do that change, see above.

>>> Actually, the whole statement (copied verbatim from the webpage) is:
>>>
>>>    The NSS module then merely consults the list trying to find the
>>> match.
>>>    Users can view the list themselves:
>>>
>>>    virsh net-dhcp-leases $network
>>>
>>>    where $network iterates through all running networks.
>>>
>> '$network iterates through all running networks.' I don't understand
>> what 'all networks' refers to?
>
> Just like there can be multiple domains running there can be multiple
> networks.
>

>>> Maybe I'm assuming too much, but this doesn't say that net-dhcp-leases
>>> will print all running networks. The way I read this is: The NSS module
>>> then merely does equivalent of iterating over every running network and
>>> executing 'net-dhcp-leases' and trying to find the match.
>>>
>>> I thought that using shell variables in a documentation for an UNIX-like
>>> command is well understood, but maybe I am wrong.
>>>

>> That is the first time that I see this syntax being used, simply adding
>> somewhere that when an example for a command is shown like so, this
>> should be substituted.
>
> Our docs are kept in a repository. In this specific example it is
> docs/nss.html.in:
>
> https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/blob/master/docs/nss.html.in
>
> If you feel like our docs are misleading, please post a patch.

Fair enough, it already makes better sense now that I get that 'virsh'
stands for 'virtual shell'! :)

Looks like I'm getting closer to where I wonna go, thanks again for your
support and all the help I got in here.

--
John Doe