Unit libvirtd.service could not be found. on VM

Dana Elfassy delfassy at redhat.com
Tue May 12 10:00:06 UTC 2020

Hi all,
Some background:
I recently has some issues with libvirt on my laptop when I got the error
'operation failed: pool 'default' already exists with uuid
dd48b6ad-9a00-46eb-a3a4-c122d8a294a5' when I connected virt-manager. I was
finally able to resolve it yesterday, when I removed libvirt and all its
related content in /etc/libvirt, removed the pool by its UUID, deleted
virbr0 & virbro-nic, removed the default network, reinstalled and created
the network & default pool again

Now I got libvirtd on my laptop up & running.

However, when I install vms on my laptop, they don't have libvirtd.service
This is the network configuration XML:
<interface type="network">
  <mac address="52:54:00:d0:40:69"/>
  <source network="default" portid="171a745c-f96d-412a-baa7-ee1feeaed6ac"
bridge="virbr0"/>
  <target dev="vnet1"/>
  <model type="virtio"/>
  <alias name="net0"/>
  <address type="pci" domain="0x0000" bus="0x00" slot="0x03"
function="0x0"/>
</interface>

I installed the vms with virt-manager. The Network source is Virtual
network 'default': NAT

I'm using CentOS8.1 on both my laptop & vms.
Is there anything else I need to reconfigure or any thoughts why
libvirtd.service doesn't exist on my VMS?
Thanks,
Dana