Unit libvirtd.service could not be found. on VM

Dana Elfassy delfassy at redhat.com
Tue May 12 11:25:29 UTC 2020

Thanks, Daniel
I verified I had libvirt-daemon rpm on my laptop and reloaded its units,
but that didn't solve the issue. I then checked the vms-
libvirt-daemon rpm was indeed missing on my vms. After I installed it &
reloaded its unit files libvirtd.service was found, but as I started it,
the error 'operation failed: pool 'default' already exists with uuid
a42beb54-839e-437b-a48e-d06f6100205c' appeared again on my laptop.
I'm not sure if I was supposed to install libvirt-daemon rpm on the vms? if
it was needed - how do I resolve the error now? and any idea why it was
missing? I never had to install it before
if not - if you have any other thoughts/suggestions I'll be glad to hear :)
Dana