What is expiry time represents in this format

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Fri May 15 08:14:36 UTC 2020

On 5/15/20 1:07 AM, Santhosh Kumar Gunturu wrote:
> I see the output.
>
> root at X10SDV-8C-TLN4F:/mnt/config# cat
> /var/lib/libvirt/dnsmasq/mgmt-1br1.status
> [
>    {
>      "ip-address": "192.168.27.8",
>      "mac-address": "52:54:00:42:21:14",
>      "hostname": "vyatta",
>      "expiry-time": 1589500228
>    }
> ]

I will just add to Peter's reply that this file is considered internal
implementation and therefore its format can change at any point without
warning. Is there an app that you are building on the top of it, or are
you just asking out of curiosity?

This file is used by NSS plugin though. So for instance if you enable
'libvirt' NSS plugin, you can 'ssh vyatta' or 'ping vyatta' directly.

https://libvirt.org/nss.html

Michal