How to exit console in L2 vm?

Yukin Chan yuqchen at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 07:10:36 UTC 2020

Hi Yalan,

I am not certain about that but I think it is as expected. When you send ^]
(which is the common escape sequence used in telnet) on the host L1 console
wil receive the key codes and forward to L2 console so the latter one
should exit. But L1 console also receives the escape character itself so it
also exits.

A solution it to set a different escape sequence for the consoles[1]:

>    - -e, --escape string
>
> Set alternative escape sequence for console command. By default, telnet's
> ^] is used. Allowed characters when using hat notation are: alphabetic
> character, @, [, ], , ^, _.

So that L1 console will not exit when forwarding the sequence to L2 console
without quitting itself.

[1]: https://libvirt.org/manpages/virsh.html#description

Yalan Zhang <yalzhang at redhat.com> 於 2020年11月30日 週一 下午2:55寫道:

--
Regards,

Yukin CHAN, ISTQB

She / Her / Hers

Software Quality Engineer, Virtualization

Red Hat APAC <https://www.redhat.com/>

9 floor, Raycom Infotech Park, North Tower C

2 Kexueyuan Nanlu, Haidian District, Beijing, China

T: 86-10-65627449

PGP: AC7BCF02F44FA43F940A3B9A25D5E545D2C3D639
<https://www.redhat.com/>