libivrt client using python on windows

Talha Jawaid talha.jawaid at ni.com
Mon Oct 12 19:47:24 UTC 2020

Hello,
I want to run a python script on Windows to remotely control libvirt running on a (Linux) server. This was all working fine while prototyping stuff on the server but now I am having some trouble installing the python module on windows ("pip install" fails). I struggled through getting it to COMPILE but then ran into linking issues. Seems like the actual libvirt library is needed to run (and even compile) on Windows? Is there a prebuilt package somewhere that I could get? Do I really need the whole libvirt library or is there a client only package? How could I go about accomplishing my goal here?

Thanks,
-Talha