scsi passthrough differs between guests

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 06:52:22 UTC 2020

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 23:00:39 +0200, daggs wrote:
> Greetings,

[...]

> I'm baffled about the two scsi controllers I see and why I cannot see the device.
> is there a known issue in 6.7.0 with scsi pass-trough?

I don't see anything wrong with you configs. There were some changes
related to SCSI hostdevs, between 6.7.0 an 6.8.0, but none of them
should actually impact that use case.

Said that, could you please post the actual qemu command lines that
libvirt formatted for the two VMs you mention above.

The command line can be found in /var/log/libvirt/qemu/$VMNAME.log .
Please make sure you post the latest/actual one. It'll help showing
whether anything changed between the two or there is a different
problem.