Encrypting boot partition Libvirt not showing the OS booting up

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 08:29:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 10:03:15 +0200, john doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Debian Buster with encrypted LVM so apon installation
> my root partition is encrypted.
> So far so good but as soon as I encrypt the boot partition, after reboot
> the OS won't start.
> If I start the drive directly with qemu, it works but it looks like
> Libvirt is somehow not able to deel with it.

This is not enough information to diagnose the problem.

We'll need the following:

1) Did you encrypt the partition using the debian installer

2) what vm XML you used:
    a) during installation
    b) when trying to finally boot the vm

3) what qemu command line you've used at the point you claim it worked

4) what is the error/final state when the VM fails to boot with libvirt