Encrypting boot partition Libvirt not showing the OS booting up

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 14:09:16 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 16:05:43 +0200, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> On 10/12/20 2:14 PM, john doe wrote:
> > > <snip/>
> >
> > I sent privately the requested xml file to 'Peter Krempa
> > <pkrempa at redhat.com>'.
> > Peter Krempa 's privately answered me back suggesting to add the
> > following in the domain xml file:
>
> Solving things privately doesn't help the community.

Additionally it doesn't help solving the problem, since it's now opaque
to others what the problem might be.

> > <bios useserial='yes'/> under <os>

I've suggested this as the outputs I've got privately hinted that the
console (as in virsh console) didn't get to asking for the password,
while the manually-started-qemu did.

Thus the problem actually doesn't have to do with encryption or
wahatver, but the console doesn't plainly work.