libvirt 6.7 meson.build error

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 08:12:29 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 11:56:58PM +0000, Chen Wenwei wrote:
> Found pkg-config: /usr/local/bin/pkg-config (0.29.2)
> Did not find CMake 'cmake'
> Found CMake: NO
> Run-time dependency libapparmor found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
> Library attr found: YES
> Library audit found: YES
> Run-time dependency bash-completion found: YES 2.1
> Run-time dependency blkid found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
> Library cap-ng found: YES
> Run-time dependency libcurl found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
> Run-time dependency dbus-1 found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
> Run-time dependency devmapper found: NO (tried pkgconfig and cmake)
> Library devmapper found: YES
>
> meson.build:1048:19: ERROR: Unknown variable "tmp".

This looks like a bug in meson.build at the quoted line

devmapper_version = '1.0.0'
devmapper_dep = dependency('devmapper', version: '>=' + devmapper_version, required: false)
if not devmapper_dep.found()
  # devmapper is missing pkg-config files in ubuntu, suse, etc
  devmapper_dep = cc.find_library('devmapper', required: false)
  if devmapper_dep.found() and not cc.has_function('dm_task_run', dependencies: tmp)
    devmapper_dep = dependency('', required: false)
  endif
endif

it is indeed referencing a "tmp" variable that doesn't exist.

What OS distro are you using ?  This happens because you are
missing the required version of devmapper library. Either you
need to install more build pre-requisite packages, or your
distro is different from what we've tested

Regards,
Daniel