usb-hdmi-cec-adapter usb pass-through experiences

Greetings,

I need to get a device like this: https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/104/usb-hdmi-cec-adapter
I have usb pass-through experiences with some usb devices such as dtv, wireless network, thumbsticks and wireless keyboards.
I know there isn't much to be done in usb pass-through but I did had issues with the former two, now I'm using a wireless network without and issues.

I wanted to know if someone has tried using this device as pass-through into a vm and can share his thoughts.

Thanks,

Dagg.