KVM network & DHCP

gunnar.wagner gunnar.wagner at netcologne.de
Sun Sep 6 12:50:33 UTC 2020

I am very inexperienced with KVM and have a question about networking

As per my basic understanding a network in KVM apparently also provides
the work of an DHCP server for all machines on that network.

So, whether that perception is correct, how would you go about whether
you wanted (for learning purposes) to use a particular VM on such a KVM
(internal) network to act as the DHCP server for all machines on that
network? by default it should conflict with the built in DHCP service of
the network itself, wouldn't it?