Isolated bridge does not bridge

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Sep 9 11:13:04 UTC 2020

Hello,

I want to do some testing and I have removed two VM's from the bridge
what connects them to internet, and added them to another isolated
bridge what's not connected to internet. Problem is that I cannot reach
the other host in the isolated network.

Something like this:

virsh shutdown kvm66
virsh shutdown kvm68

brctl delif br0 vnet10 vnet6  # the interfaces of kvm66 and kvm68
brctl addbr br1
brctl addif br1 vnet10 vnet6

Then I've replaced br0 to br1 in the XML of both VM's with "virsh edit".

Then I did start the VM's using the serial console (no network):
virsh start --console kvm66
virsh start --console kvm68

I cannot ping from one machine to the other. Why??

With regards,
Paul

https://www.vandervlis.nl/