libvirt 7.2.0 domainbackup

Thomas Stein himbeere at meine-oma.de
Wed Apr 7 17:46:54 UTC 2021

Got a little bit further. "virsh backup-begin jitsi jitsi-backup.xml"
works and I have a backup file now. VM was running all the time.
Question. Is it save to use this function this way? Currently I do:

virsh snapshot-create-as --domain jitsi weekly --diskspec
vda,file=/var/lib/libvirt/jitsi/jitsi_weekly.qcow2-$(date +%Y-%m-%d)
--disk-only --atomic --no-metadata

ncftpput -V -F -d ...

virsh blockcommit jitsi vda --active --verbose --pivot

So while the backup is being written there is no write operation
happening to the file.

Any thoughts?

cheers, t.