submitting a patch to fix documentation errors

Daniel P. Berrangé berrange at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 08:26:17 UTC 2021

On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 12:16:36AM -0500, Tom Ammon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While using the libvirt application development guide for python (
> https://libvirt.org/docs/libvirt-appdev-guide-python/en-US/html/index.html)
> I found a couple of errors in the example code that I'd like to fix. I've
> created a branch and committed the fixes locally, and I'm ready to push
> them. I plan to use git send-email to submit the patch. Which list should I
> use in the --to= ? Should it be libvirt-users at redhat.com?
>
> This is my first contribution to this project. I've read the best practices
> and contributing guidelines on libvirt.org, but if I make mistakes in the
> workflow I'd appreciate your help to correct them.

For everything except the main libvirt.git repo, we have switched to
using gitlab merge requests, so you don't need to worry about using
email to send changes

Create your own fork of:

  https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt-appdev-guide-python/

push your local branch to your gitlab fork, and then open a merge
request to submit the fixes.

Regards,
Daniel