could not start libvirt service

shafnamol N shafnamol29 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 03:49:53 UTC 2021

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 15:56:57 +0530, shafnamol N wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using *CentOS 8*. I have built *libvirt* with the following method:
>>
>> $ meson build -Dsystem=true
> >$ ninja -C build
> >$ ninja -C build install
>>
> >But the problem is when i started it
> >
>> # systemctl start libvirtd
> .Job for libvirtd.service failed because the control process exited
> .with error code.
> >See "systemctl status libvirtd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
> .>
>>i tried to get the status of libvirt
> >
> ># systemctl status libvirtd
> >
> >libvirtd.service - Virtualization daemon
>  >  Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/libvirtd.service; enabled;
> >vendor preset: enabled)
>  >  Active: failed (Result: exit-code)
> >
>> What will be the problem?

>Well, what does the log say?

>https://www.libvirt.org/kbase/debuglogs.html
<https://www.libvirt.org/kbase/debuglogs.html>

I have edited /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf file based on
https://www.libvirt.org/kbase/debuglogs.html

Then restarted libvirt
# systemctl restart libvirtd.service
Job for libvirtd.service failed because the control process exited with
error code.
See "systemctl status libvirtd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

>There is not enough info to figure out what the problem is. Including
>the output of 'journalctl -xe' as suggested would be useful.

# journalctl -xe
-- Unit libvirtd.service has failed.
--
-- The result is failed.
Apr 15 09:12:33 csg-dellemcsvr0 systemd[1]: libvirtd-ro.socket: Failed with