issues with vm after upgrade

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 08:49:40 UTC 2021

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 08:53:10PM +0200, daggs wrote:
>Greetings Martin,
>

>> Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 6:08 PM
>> From: "daggs" <daggs at gmx.com>
>> To: "Martin Kletzander" <mkletzan at redhat.com>

[...]

>> > Oh, so I misunderstood.  What was the state of the VM in libvirt?
>> > "paused" or "running"?  Was there serial console working?
>> it was marked as running and there was no serial

That's a pity we could not examine what was actually happening.

>> > Would be nice to see if there are any differences.  The newly created
>> > one works then?
>> >

>> I'll sent it later today
>>

>here: https://dpaste.com/5VBUU8Z9W

Unfortunately there are many differences there.  The machine type
changes _something_ in qemu, there is different PCI(e) topology, and I
do not think I will be able to figure this out without the non-working
machine.

So if your current setup works for you right now I'd leave figuring out
the previous issue to others, if there is anyone wanting to figure out
if there is some libvirt issue.

Have a nice day