a test email (& dmarc) @admins

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 18:23:25 UTC 2021

On 16/08/2021 09:35, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 09:38:50AM +0100, lejeczek wrote:
>> hi guys.
>> I sent email a while ago and I wonder, also having not received a single
>> reply, because I did not get that own email - is there are problem I'm
>> having here or DMARC(yahoo & others?) are not fixed in by this mailing list
>> - would an admin(anybody) know?
> This mailing list (and all hosted on redhat.com) are seriously broken
> when senders have strict DMARC settings. This hits everyone posting
> from @yahoo.* addresses - mail still gets sent out by the list, but
> a large number of receipients mail servers will throw it away due to
> DMARC violation.  I've had tickets open with our mail provider for
> a year & a half now but progress fixing it is painfully slow.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
not all, which fact is most intriguing to me - as if there
were no communication on some fundamental level and each
mailman(s) admin(s) lived in a separate closet.
One such example where guys had it for very long (if not
always) fixed in is freeIPA mailing list, but there is a few
more I'm subscribed to "owned" by Redhat which work.

many thanks, L.