host identifier

Jiatong Shen yshxxsjt715 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 00:31:15 UTC 2021

Hello community,

I am using OpenStack nova and realize that nova now uses host fqdn from
libvirt as a uniq identifier for a compute node.  The issue is that host
might need to change its fqdn under some
rare circumstances and lose some usage data due to the nova manages
compute node resources.

My question is: does libvirt already export host uuid identifier to other
applications? I skim through the code base and find there is host uuid
related code which reads /etc/machine-id to obtain a uniq uuid for
migration, but seems this uuid cannot be obtained through virsh interface.

Thank you for you help.

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen