Libvirt hit a issue when do VM migration

梁朝军 jesonliang040705 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 08:52:42 UTC 2021

Hi All,

Who can give me a help? I hit another issue when do vm migration?  Libvirt throw out the error like below

"libvirt: Domain Config error : unsupported configuration: vcpu enable order of vCPU '0' differs between source and destination definitions”

The cup information is defined VM domain on source host is like:
<vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
  <vcpus>
    <vcpu id='0' enabled='yes' hotpluggable='no' order='1'/>
    <vcpu id='1' enabled='yes' hotpluggable='no' order='2'/>
  </vcpus>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='42'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='43'/>
  </cputune>

The distinction host previews generate xml for VM like:

<vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
  <vcpus>
    <vcpu id='0' enabled='yes' hotpluggable='no' order='1'/>
    <vcpu id='1' enabled='yes' hotpluggable='no' order='2'/>
  </vcpus>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='42'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='43'/>
  </cputune>

What’t wrong with it? Or I missing some actions in configurations regarding the migration

Thanks a lot !