KVM Virtual Machine Network - Guest-guest/VM-VM only network (no host/hypervisor access, no outbound connectivity)

Eduardo Lúcio Amorim Costa eduardolucioac at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 23:22:17 UTC 2021

I know that with the *virsh* command I can create several types of networks
(a "NAT network", for example) as we can see in these URLs...

KVM network management <https://programmersought.com/article/52213715009/>
KVM default NAT-based networking
<https://www.ibm.com/downloads/cas/ZVJGQX8E> (page 33)

*QUESTION:* How can I create a network (*lan_n*) where only guests/VMs have
connectivity, with no outbound connectivity and no host/hypervisor
connectivity?

*NOTE:* The connectivity to other resources will be provided by a
*pfSense* firewall
server that will have access to another network (*wan_n*) with outbound
connectivity and other resources.

Network layout...

                [N]wan_n
                 ↕
                [I]wan_n
            [V]pfsense_vm
                [I]lan_n
                 ↕
                [N]lan_n
                 ↕
   ↕             ↕             ↕
  [V]some_vm_0  [V]some_vm_1  [V]some_vm_4
                [V]some_vm_2  [V]some_vm_5
                [V]some_vm_3

 _ [N] - Network;
 _ [I] - Network Interface;
 _ [V] - Virtual Machine.

*Thanks! =D*

*ORIGINAL QUESTION: *https://serverfault.com/q/1066478/276753
<https://programmersought.com/article/52213715009/>

--

*Eduardo Lúcio*

Tecnologia, Desenvolvimento e Software Livre

LightBase Consultoria em Software Público

eduardo.lucio at lightbase.com.br <eduardo.lucio at LightBase.com.br>

*+55-61-3347-1949* - http://brlight.org <eduardo.lucio at LightBase.com.br> -
*Brasil-DF*

*Software livre! Abrace essa idéia!*

*"Aqueles que negam liberdade aos outros não a merecem para si mesmos."*

*Abraham Lincoln*